Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reflections: 2013 – Part 6

Looking Ahead …

It’s hard to believe how the past few years have changed everything and the landscape of my life. It’s hard to look back where I was in 2008 (when I moved to my current address), 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and even 2013 to now (despite it being the beginning of the second month of the year).

There’ve been so many changes I don’t know where to begin to try recalling all of them.

To give you a sense of how things have changed ...

2008 to 2009 changed so dramatically at times I didn't know if I was coming or going. I had a what I thought was a good friend, lost that friend, re-connected with another. Had one car nearly paid off, got another car.

2009 to 2010 ... we had two cars, I had a job, got injured, left my job to recover from injury, started writing again, discovered a few new things.

2010 to 2011 ... I went into therapy for the injury, kept writing, started wondering what I was going to do in life.

2011 to 2012 ... I got to drive on the speedway for charity; I started college, re-connected with my family, lost a family member, took a trip to California, reconnected with my past, and did NaNoWriMo for the first time with a story inspired by the events 

2012 to 2013 ... stayed in college, took another road trip to California, made peace with my past, started a business, left college, did my second NaNoWriMo

2013 to now … Started discovering new places/things, started a healthier routine of eating and walking, did two virtual 5K charity walks, did the inaugural 5k/1m run/walk (PJ run at LVMS), did my third NaNoWriMo, ended NaNo with triple word count

First "swag" bag for the Virtual Lemon Run benefiting Alex's Lemonade Stand

My second "swag" bag for another virtual Lemon Run
Shirt and race bib for the Inaugural PJ 5K/1M Walk/Run at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
PJ 5K/1M and Lemon Run Race Bibs – two really great causes :)

I can't wait to see what 2014 brings my way. Everyday I learn something new, I nurture my talent, I find new things to feel blessed/grateful for ... and I try to be more positive and less negative.

I honestly want to work on my photo projects a lot more than I have been, I also would love to finish one story (not the 2013 NaNo one of course, but another one) and perhaps publish it. It'll take a lot of hard work, and it'll take quite a bit of dedication to get it done.

I'd love to grow my business, and that's why I share things with people. I want them to find the same joy and passion I have for preserving memories, making new ones, and being a part of history.

Maybe this year will be it for Heritage Makers. If you want to see what we have to offer, please ... check out my website: http://www.heritagemakers.com/me429 you can follow me on Twitter as well:

(Personal) https://www.twitter.com/MarieEdwards429
(Business) https://www.twitter.com/MarieEdwardsHM

Most of all ... I am enjoying the life I have right now. Of course I want to do more in my life (and with it, like having children), but I have to take it as things come. I can't rush it ... if it's meant to be ... it'll find a way. My mom, a mentor, and God has taught me that.

Sometimes our prayers are answered. It might not be the exact package, but it's the one that we need at the time we need it.

Oh remember this car?

Starsky's Ford Gran Torino (aka: Striped Tomato)

I've wanted one ever since I was little ... can't afford the gas, insurance, maintenance for it ... I don't have room for it ... so I got the one God sent me.

For those who don't believe in God, then don't read my blogs or comment. What's right for one, is right for them ... it isn't right for someone else. I've learned that as well.

I'm excited to see the new things in this year.

Welcome to 2014 (even if I am a month late) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment