Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reflections: 2013 – Part 1

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014 … (ok, some I’m about a month late here) …

If you’re wondering why this is under “Snapshots and Project 365” … it’s because of the project’s theme to take a picture every day of every year so we can look back and see where we began and how we ended the year. 

And, as we say (or said) goodbye to one year, we say hello to another. Another year in which to change, grow, and develop ourselves.

Which brings me to the fact that I can’t believe we’ve already said goodbye to 2013.  It’s been a WHOLE MONTH and I still can’t believe we’re in 2014. It doesn't seem like we should be where we are already. At least thats how I feel.

In many ways, it seems like just yesterday I was saying “hello” to 2013. In many ways it seems like it has been a whole year (even longer). It’s a feeling I can’t explain because in some ways – I don’t even understand it, but I like it. 

I’m not the only one. One of my Facebook friends said they felt like it was a slow/fast-forward mix. I too feel the same way. I’m wondering where 2013 went. It’s been a month, and I’m still looking for it. It was like it was just here – then gone. Thank goodness for my photo project, I think I’d be lost without it, which is the whole point of it.

Whether the year flew by or was slow, I think it depends on the path we’ve all taken, the goals we set for ourselves (whether we’ve achieved them, didn’t, or are still in the process of), and what we’ve experienced (good or bad).

2013 was an interesting, yet amazing year for me. While I might not have succeeded based on others expectations, I have done far more than I thought possible. I’ve grown spiritually, personally, and even creatively.

One thing that hasn’t changes is that I’m still WAY behind on designing my Project: 365 photo books, and that is a goal for 2014 – finish 2010, maybe start & finish 2011(though that will be quite a feat) … I won’t get my hopes up for 2012 or 2013 yet.

Still …there is so much to cover. This is just part one in a series of “Reflections: 2013”.


Bellagio Conservatory (Las Vegas, NV)  – Chinese New Year (Year of the Horse)

No comments:

Post a Comment