Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reflections: 2013 – Part 5

PROJECT: 365

In addition to taking a picture every day, which I am entering my sixth (6th) year of, I’ve also begun a daily “what I am thankful for or blessed with” moment. I’m using a small “desk” calendar to write them down. At the end of the month, I’ll tear off the month, and put in a jar for 2014. At the end of the year, I will take them out, maybe paste them in a book with some pictures.

Getting back to “Project: 365” …

For the last few years I’ve been updating photos to:

** Google + (G+)
** 365 ORG (website)
** Facebook
** Twitter

While I’ve enjoyed sharing my life and experiences over the four websites, I came to a decision that it was too time consuming to continue sharing over networks that either had no interaction or limited interaction. As a result, I discontinued posting to the 365 website and G+ as of this year. I will keep the 365 account though.

As far as G+, the majority of my “friends” were either on Twitter and Facebook, or either one. Since there had been no interaction among active users, I discontinued. It has cut down how much time I spend uploading photos.

I’m still going to the Bellagio Conservatory, as well as other places. Earlier this month, my mom and I went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. It helped that we had free passes thanks to myVegas Rewards (Facebook/mobile game).

Bellagio Conservatory – Year of the Horse


Fish Tank at Mandalay Bay – Shark Reef Aquarium 



Sharks swimming over the "tunnel"


In the past month that I’ve cut out the other two networks or websites … I’ve gained quite a bit of time back in my life. I also look at it this way – if no one is interacting, why I am doing it?

I'm proud to still be doing this after all this time. I honestly didn't think it would be easy, at times it hasn't been, but as time goes on, I'm finding there is something new or interesting about every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment