Monday, December 7, 2015

31 Days of Cheer (Now 24 left)

Sometimes during the holidays (or any other time of year) … there seems to be “photo” challenges. Some I like, some I don’t. I do the #TBT (Throwback Thursday) ones, and sometimes #WBW (Way Back Wednesday) or #FBF (Flashback Friday).

However on the last day of the month I usually do the “gas prices”.

This year, the city I live in decided to do #31DaysofVegasCheer. I of course, living in a suburb, and wanting to spread the cheer all over, decided to shorten it to #31DaysofCheer.

Here’s the idea – take a picture each day and post it to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the tags #31DaysofCheer and the item or “idea” for the day:

[Photo is property of City of Las Vegas, Nevada]

The last time I did something like this was in 2012, which you can read about it here:

Christmas Photo Challenge

I started on day #2 as on the first day I had another more important picture. However, since then I have been able to keep up with the “challenge”.

This fits quite well into my “Project: 365” daily photo challenge. I’m using Fotor to add borders and filters to the challenge photos to bring a unique quality to them.

They can be items in your home, decorating the tree, things like that. They don’t have to reveal locations or family information.

Here are a few examples from 2012 and this year:

[Photo belongs to me. This was December 4th – #ChristmasDecor #ChristmasPhotoChallenge. This was used with an Instagram filter]
[Photo belongs to me. This is December 7th – #31DaysofCheer #WrappingPaper. Used a Fotor filter]

Since I use a planner, I went and wrote in what I needed so I didn’t have to keep looking at the photo. And, I use the planner to record the photos and sometimes the file number …

So, from today to the 31st, here are the “ideas”:

December 7th – #31DaysofCheer  #WrappingPaper (completed)

 December 8th – #31DaysofCheer #Green (completed)

 December 9th – #31DaysofCheer #Family (completed)

 December 10th – #31DaysofCheer #Presents (completed)

 December 11th – #31DaysofCheer #Stocking (completed)

 December 12th – #31DaysofCheer #CandyCane (completed)

 December 13th – #31DaysofCheer #Tree (completed)

 December 14th – #31DaysofCheer #Santa (completed)

 December 15th – #31DaysofCheer #BeautifulSight (completed)

 December 16th –#31DaysofCheer #FavoriteHolidaySong (completed)

 December 17th – #31DaysofCheer #Peace (completed)

 December 18th – #31DaysofCheer #MerryandBright (completed)

 December 19th – #31DaysofCheer #Tradition (completed)

 December 20th –#31DaysofCheer #Tree (this is a repeat, so if you want to vary it with say a tree cookie, tree ornament, or a different tree, go ahead) (completed)

 December 21st – #31DaysofCheer #Joy (completed)

 December 22nd – #31DaysofCheer #BrightLights (completed)

 December 23rd – #31DaysofCheer #Candles (completed)

 December 24th – #31DaysofCheer #HolidayGreetings (completed)

 December 25th – #31DaysofCheer #ReasonforSeason (completed)

 December 26th – #31DaysofCheer #Sparkly (completed)

 December 27th – #31DaysofCheer #FavoriteThing (completed)

 December 28th – #31DaysofCheer #BlackandWhite

 December 29th – #31DaysofCheer #HolidaySplurge

 December 30th – #31DaysofCheer #Reflection

 December 31st – #31DaysofCheer #Celebrate

Just putting this out here for a way to spread Christmas joy and cheer. We seem to need a little more this year! 

You can see my photos on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarieEdwards429

don’t share very many photos there, but since it is the holiday season ... I think it's a great idea! And, if you have one ... you can try it with your Elf on the Shelf. 


Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season’s Greetings, and Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment